Jekalix

Saturday 26 November 2016

THE REAL 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

                             THE REAL 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS                                                    




The Twelve Days of Christmas

On the first day of Christmas

my true love sent to me:

A Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the second day of Christmas

my true love sent to me:

2 Turtle Doves

and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the third day of Christmas

my true love sent to me:

3 French Hens

2 Turtle Doves

and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the fourth day of Christmas

my true love sent to me:

4 Calling Birds

3 French Hens

2 Turtle Doves

and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the fifth day of Christmas

my true love sent to me:

5 Golden Rings

4 Calling Birds

3 French Hens

2 Turtle Doves

and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the sixth day of Christmas

my true love sent to me:

6 Geese a Laying

5 Golden Rings

4 Calling Birds

3 French Hens

2 Turtle Doves

and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the seventh day of Christmas

my true love sent to me:

7 Swans a Swimming

6 Geese a Laying

5 Golden Rings

4 Calling Birds

3 French Hens

2 Turtle Doves

and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the eighth day of Christmas

my true love sent to me:

8 Maids a Milking

7 Swans a Swimming

6 Geese a Laying

5 Golden Rings

4 Calling Birds

3 French Hens

2 Turtle Doves

and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the ninth day of Christmas

my true love sent to me:

9 Ladies Dancing

8 Maids a Milking

7 Swans a Swimming

6 Geese a Laying

5 Golden Rings

4 Calling Birds

3 French Hens

2 Turtle Doves

and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the tenth day of Christmas

my true love sent to me:

10 Lords a Leaping

9 Ladies Dancing

8 Maids a Milking

7 Swans a Swimming

6 Geese a Laying

5 Golden Rings

4 Calling Birds

3 French Hens

2 Turtle Doves

and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the eleventh day of Christmas

my true love sent to me:

11 Pipers Piping

10 Lords a Leaping

9 Ladies Dancing

8 Maids a Milking

7 Swans a Swimming

6 Geese a Laying

5 Golden Rings

4 Calling Birds

3 French Hens

2 Turtle Doves

and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the first day of Christmas

my true love sent to me:

12 Drummers Drumming

11 Pipers Piping

10 Lords a Leaping

9 Ladies Dancing

8 Maids a Milking

7 Swans a Swimming

6 Geese a Laying

5 Golden Rings

4 Calling Birds

3 French Hens

2 Turtle Doves

and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Hi guys, this is Oracle of God Unto Nations. A program ordained and designed by God to intercede for nations on plant earth in preparation for his second coming of our Lord.

My brother ,y sister, can you believe it, that the year 2016 is coming to an end, the month of November is almost ending, and we are about to enter the month of December. And as things now stand, the "Christmas season" has begun. The streets are hung with lights, the stores are decorated with red and green, and you can't turn on the radio without hearing songs about the spirit of the season and the glories of Santa Claus. And The excitement of Christmas. builds to a climax on the morning of December 25, and then it stops, abruptly. And before you know it Christmas is over, and the New Year 2017 begins, and people go back to their normal lives.

But my brother my sister, is that all that is to Christmas , is Christmas only about red and green decorations, Santa clause, presents?

No not at all, I want you to know that, The traditional Christian celebration of Christmas is exactly the opposite.

The season of Advent begins on the fourth Sunday before Christmas, and for nearly a month Christians await the coming of Christ in a spirit of expectation, singing hymns of longing.

Then, on December 25, Christmas Day itself ushers in twelve days of celebration, ending only on January 6 with the feast of the Epiphany.

The "real" twelve days of Christmas are important not just as a way of thumbing our noses at secular ideas of the "Christmas season."

The real twelve days of Christmas are important because they give us a way of reflecting on what the Incarnation means in our lives.

My brother my sister, Christmas commemorates the most momentous event in human history—this is the entry of God into the world He came, in the form of a baby.

The three traditional feasts (dating back to the late fifth century) that follow Christmas reflect different ways in which the mystery of the Incarnation works itself out in the body of Christ. December 26 is the feast of St. Stephen—a traditional day for giving leftovers to the poor.

December 27 is the feast of St. John the Evangelist, it was commemorated on December 27, John the Evangelist is traditionally the only one of the twelve disciples who did not die a martyr. Rather, John witnessed to the Incarnation through his words, turning Greek philosophy on its head with his affirmation, "The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us" (John 1:14, KJV).

On December 28, we celebrate the feast of the Holy Innocents, the children that were murdered by Herod. These were not martyrs like Stephen, who died heroically in a vision of the glorified Christ. They were not inspired like John to speak the Word of life and understand the mysteries of God. They died unjustly before they had a chance to know or to will—but they died for Christ nonetheless.

People of God the real twelve days of Christmas saw celebrations of the feast of St. Nicholas on December 6 .The Christmas season also sometimes saw the "Feast of the Ass," this is a feast commemorating the donkey traditionally present at the manger.

My brother my sister, Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus Christ, and during this period God has put down the mighty from their seats and exalted the lowly. During this Christmas season God has filled the hungry with good things and sent the rich away empty.

Finally, my brother my sister on Epiphany day which is (January 6), the celebration of Christmas comes to an end. Epiphany day is the real " Twelfth Night" of Christmas.

Epiphany day commemorates the beginning of the proclamation of the gospel—Christ's manifestation to the nations, as shown in three different events: the visit of the Magi, the baptism of Jesus, and the turning of water into wine. In the Western tradition.

My brother my sister, As the true end-point of the Christmas season, Epiphany sends us into the world to live out the Incarnation, to witness to the light of Christ in the darkness. We must to Following Jesus, we have been baptized into his death and resurrection. Whether we are called to martyrdom, or to prophetic witness, or simply to faithful living in the joys and sorrows of our daily lives, we must live all of our days in the knowledge of our dignity, redeemed through Christ and united to God.

The bible says in the book of John chapter 1 verse 14 and 16 that " The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us: and we beheld his glory … and of his fullness have we all received, and grace for grace" (John 1:14, 16).

So therefore my brother my sister as we enter into that joyous season Christmas. We pray to you

Heavenly Father,we thank you for sending your Son to earth as a baby so many years ago. We Thank you that You paid the punishment for my sins by dying on the cross. And thank you that He rose again to prove that death was truly defeated. I place my trust in You to be my Savior. Guide me through the dark times of my life and give me courage to live. 



FOLLOW LINK BELLOW

THE REAL 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS 
Abimbola Solebo

Write a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Ten Commandments Rejected by Oklahoma Voters

Voters in Oklahoma have rejected a ballot proposal that would have allowed the Ten Commandments to be displayed on the grounds of the ...