Jekalix

Saturday 17 June 2017

Doctor of Divinity Honoris Causa: Acceptance Speech






Doctor of Divinity Acceptance Speech
By: Reverend Dr Mrs Abimbola Solebo (Nee) Jekayinfa

To The Provost Of this great pastoral institute Reverend Freewater Nathaniel Issah
To his wife Pastor Hannah, to all the Admin Elders and Executive Elders of National Association of Christian Ministers USA, to all members of faculty, to all family, friends, and fellow graduands.
I want to say Congratulations on your hard work – and success. I want you to know that It is a privilege and honour to receive this honorary Doctor of Divinity from Freewater World Institute of Pastoral Ministries in strategic alliance with National Association of Christian ministers USA.
In the first instance, I would like you to permit me to express my sincere appreciation for this privilege extended to me, to receive this great award.
So what is the meaning of this Award,what is Doctor of Divinity? When I went on Google
Doctor of Divinity is
a doctor's degree in religion. A Doctor of Divinity is an honorary degree. The title Doctor of Divinity award is bestowed to individuals who have devoted their lives to theological pursuits or community betterment.
The title Doctor of Divinity award can be conferred by a church-related college, a seminary, or a university in other to recognize the recipient's ministry-orientated accomplishments
In the Catholic Church, Doctor of Divinity award is an honorary degree denoting ordination as bishop.
The Doctor of Divinity award is the most highly respected degree in the U.K. and Europe, and outranking even the PhD' award.
Now that I know the meaning of Doctor of Divinity, I have come to the conclusion that I am most privileged to receive this Honorary Doctor of Divinity from this great pastoral institute , an institute that plays such a big part in seeing every minister of the Gospel becoming like the Good Shepherd – Jesus Christ.
An institute whose MISSION is to train, to equip and to mobilise ministers of God.
I want to use this opportunity to thank God and also thank you for choosing to do me the great honor of conferring upon me this great award
Please Permit me to say what is in my heart: Don't you ever think that a Doctor of Divinity award is just an honour earned degree, I want you to know that even though it's an honorary degree, but I want you to know that I have earned it with the sweat of my browse, with my dedication to serving God and humanity,
I have been a willing servant of the Lord for an admirable portion of your life.
I have led when I felt called to lead, and I have selflessly served whenever a need arose. I have cared for the broken, and I have published a Christian book titled oracle of God. I have helped to raise up leaders for the Kingdom of God through Oracle of God my weekly Television program on Faith World Television,since November 2011.
I want you to know that this Doctor of Divinity award I am receiving is timely, because there was a time in my life that I felt that my lifetime of ministry deserves to be recognized.
The years that I have laboured and the lives that I have touched all bear witness to my level of commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ.
And at a point I felt that there is need to authenticate and document all my distinguished life in ministry, but how can I do this when I am the originator of Oracle of God Ministries., knowing fully well that every king needs a kingmaker , no king enthrones himself.
I want to appreciate Reverend Freewater Nathaniel Issah and I thank God for divinely connecting me with his ministry, I want to liken him to The King Maker.
This recognition award, therefore has geared me up, and proves right that one should do what they believe in, and if you do it long enough and well enough — it eventually gets noticed. In all the time that I've spent serving God in my life ,I never thought that I would be recognised for it.
With all these thoughts in mind, I proudly but humbly stand before you to accept this Honorary Doctor of Divinity which you have so kindly bestowed upon me. I want to say that God has highly venerated me.
Thank you very much and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Ten Commandments Rejected by Oklahoma Voters

Voters in Oklahoma have rejected a ballot proposal that would have allowed the Ten Commandments to be displayed on the grounds of the ...